Skip to main content

Guest Post from Chris: Her Name is Angel

Last month I met a little girl named Angel.  


She is three years old. She has an older sister and an older brother who adore her. 


I visit her twice a week to read books to her, sing songs with her, and pray for her healing. I have never seen her dance or laugh. I have never seen her smile or cry. I have never seen her awake. When I met her, she was already in a coma from which the doctors say there is no hope of recovery.  But . . . God. I serve a God of the impossible and I believe He can heal her. I had a dream recently where Angel was dancing and singing. In my dream, I wept and when I woke up, I continued weeping. I so long to see her awake- smiling, laughing, dancing. I know some day I will. 
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Lives Who Will Change Nations

You may recall we have been directing missionary internships for 15 years. We recently completed the first ever Go To Nations (GTN) Timothy Internship Program in the United States (Jacksonville, FL). Five new missionaries were equipped and empowered, they have been filled up and are ready to be sent out!

Generations

Send More Workers, Lord! Go To Nations has a proven equipping track that has been empowering new missionaries to go to the nations (see what I did there?) since the 1980's. Dave and I have been a part of serving with the Equipping Division for the past 15 years. 

Balaan Bukid, Guimaras

This being Maundy Thursday we decided to join the pilgrims here in Iloilo and visit the Balaan Bukid on the nearby island of Guimaras. The hike details the stations of the cross, with the culmination of large cross on the highest point on the island. Afterwards we swam at the nearby Alubihod Beach. It was a perfect day to hike to the cross and then also to enjoy some sun and surf.