Skip to main content

Little Church Big Faith

On Sunday we attend a house church affiliated with Full Gospel Center Church. The interns ministered in music, children's ministry, testimonies, and one intern, Natalie, preached. This is an amazing church.

The church was small, hot, and full of passionate believers. The boy in the picture above (second row, wearing a blue t-shirt) is named John-John. He is ten years old and is autistic. One day John-John wandered from home and went to the nearby beach. Tragically he ended up in the water and drowned. Two hours later the house church pastor, Pastor Jules, found John-John face down in the water. He grabbed the boy from the sea, took his hands and declared "In Jesus name, he can't go yet Lord." In the taxi on the way to the hospital he kept praying over the child. When they arrived at a local hospital John-John was declared dead. They left his lifeless body for the family to claim. Meanwhile the small house church was praying and praying. Suddenly the doctors in the hospital saw the child had started to breathe. They began to administer CPR and other first aid to the child, and minutes later he was very much alive with a huge smile on his face.

As with every person, the Lord obviously has huge plans for John-John's life.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Simply Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 AM

    Dave, thanks for sharing. Great to know that our Lord Jesus still raises the dead! Praise GOD! ML

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,

    Thanks for the blessing. God can indeed do anything.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:09 AM

    Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.