Skip to main content

Departing

Leaping off the Leadership Development post, I have some somewhat sad news. Chris and the kids will be leaving for the States this Saturday. They leave for Manila on Friday, and then fly onward to the States on Saturday, arriving in Baltimore around midnight (Maryland time) Saturday evening.

Why is this sad? My responsibilities with the internship require me to say in Iloilo until the internship is completed. I will be returning to the States March 23. We have never been apart as a family for so long. Honestly I am very much not looking forward to being away from my family. I am not looking at this as a "break" from my kids so I can finally do some "real ministry." I am willing to fulfill my responsibilities here in Iloilo, especially as it involves training future full-time missionaries. However, I am not at all looking forward to being apart from my most favorite people in the world.

The reason why Chris needs to leave for the States at this time is because of the pregnancy, she needs to start getting care in Maryland where our fourth child will eventually be born.

Tomorrow, Thursday, we will spend one more full day together, then they leave Iloilo early Friday morning.

Please keep us in your prayers as we are apart. Please keep Chris and the kids in your prayers as they transition into life in the States. Also pray for safe and uneventful travels.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord God, cover Chris, Eric, Faith, Danny, and the Anasco yet to come with your protection as they travel right now. Grant them favor with all customs officers they encounter, and may they spread your gospel even as they travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to take care of them!!! Dave you are there for a purpose and I know you know that!! Even though it may be hard it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Lives Who Will Change Nations

You may recall we have been directing missionary internships for 15 years. We recently completed the first ever Go To Nations (GTN) Timothy Internship Program in the United States (Jacksonville, FL). Five new missionaries were equipped and empowered, they have been filled up and are ready to be sent out!

Generations

Send More Workers, Lord! Go To Nations has a proven equipping track that has been empowering new missionaries to go to the nations (see what I did there?) since the 1980's. Dave and I have been a part of serving with the Equipping Division for the past 15 years. 

Balaan Bukid, Guimaras

This being Maundy Thursday we decided to join the pilgrims here in Iloilo and visit the Balaan Bukid on the nearby island of Guimaras. The hike details the stations of the cross, with the culmination of large cross on the highest point on the island. Afterwards we swam at the nearby Alubihod Beach. It was a perfect day to hike to the cross and then also to enjoy some sun and surf.