Skip to main content

It is More Blessed to Give . . .

Today was spent getting things ready for Christmas celebrations at the Sonshine Center. The kids helped Chris and the rest of the Sonshine Learning Center staff get ready for a Christmas party, decorating, preparing gifts, etc. We then spent the evening going around Iloilo passing out meals to the poor on the street.

Danny and Chris at work

Eric and Danny filling bags of gifts

One of the most amazing things about missionary life is watching my children do ministry. We always say they are not "future" missionaries, they are missionaries now.

Faithy helping to bless a street family with a simple meal.

I miss watching my children play in organized sports. Eric was able to play t-ball and flag football in our life before missions. I really miss that. However, while scoring touchdowns or hitting home runs might one day get their picture in the day's newspaper, what they are doing here in Iloilo--spreading God's love, advancing His kindgom on this earth--has a more eternal impact.

More pictures from this day:


It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.