Skip to main content

Preschool Fun

Posted by Chris

One of the Kinder 2 preschoolers leads her classmates as they read together. The privilege to help children learn to read is an honor. I have sat with two of my own children as they wrestled with letter sounds and stringing words together. It is a joy to be a part of such an amazing gift.

A BRIGHT student and Ma'am Lily, the teacher, work together to practice reading in Tagalog, the national language of the Philippines. There are 5 BRIGHT students who will take their Elementary Equivalency tests in February. Keep them in prayer as they study for the next few months before the test.

Some of the preschoolers enjoying their lunch. At the Sonshine Learning Center, students' spiritual, relational, emotional, mental and physical needs are met daily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.