Skip to main content

"You really care, and I can tell."


These are the words from one of the moms at CRICS, her son is a second grader.  She is Thai, she is buddhist, she is a successful business owner, affluent, etc. There are a number of international schools in our region, she chooses CRICS. She loves our school, she loves that her son is a student here. She told me, "The culture here is amazing--no bullying, high school kids play with younger kids, like a big family."

So this post is a shout out to the amazing staff of Chiang Rai International Christian School. As most of you know, the international staff are missionary volunteers, who are not salaried--even the superintendent, and others in administration (like Chris who is the elementary school principal)--do not receive a paycheck. They serve at CRICS because they love God and love His people.

Seventy percent of the student body at CRICS is reserved for missionary children. Thirty percent is reserved for Thai families so that the school can reach Thailand through Christian education.

This mom told me she knows we are all volunteers, and she told me, "You teach from the heart, and I can tell. That is why this school is the best."
 

Your love for others will prove to the world that you are my disciples. John 13:35

Every Tuesday morning is school wide chapel. Recently Chris spoke at chapel about the power of encouragement.
The current medical crisis kept several of our teachers from returning to Thailand in time for the start of term, so Chris spent the first part of the school year doing TWO full time jobs: grade five (Gabi's class!) teacher AND elementary principal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.