Skip to main content

In the Footsteps of Paul

Cyprus is a beautiful and geographically strategic nation as it is the doorway to Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. The Go To Nations team there is growing and accomplishing significant ministry--Lord, send more missionaries!

Returning to Cyprus

In Acts 13 the Apostle Paul traveled to Cyprus. He made this trip so he could encourage and equip the Christians there. Following his footsteps and purpose, last month, I (Dave) made my second trip to this Mediterranean island nation.

The Go To Nations (GTN) Cyprus team, along with internship director Yolanda Ortega, just finished hosting their second internship. I was there for the final week to teach and help the team finish this endeavor. Chris and I have been serving in the GTN equipping department for most of our missionary careers. Our roles in the department are expanding and we will be making more trips like these, helping our international teams provide on-the-field training to equip believers to be full time missionaries. Aligning with this role, Chris is now the Director of Missionaries in Training. She will oversee believers as they walk through the GTN equipping track: from "fresh off the street," through internship and apprenticeship, all the way to being released as career missionaries.

Chris and I both feel that our years in Asia have truly prepared us for what God has next for us.

He is the One we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.
Colossians 1:28

The dedication and hard work pays off! Embracing the process, Chris and Sheila Conley have now graduated from their Timothy Internship! 
We continue to get more and more settled in our American home and in our new and expanded roles in the equipping department. Selfie alert: celebrating our first day in our new office!
To give to our ministry, click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.