Skip to main content

My Wonderful Mom

We are spending a week with my Mom at her home in Florida. We are having a great time. My Mom is a gem, and the kids really love her. We also get to spend some quality time with my friend Jason and his family. Jason (Jack) and I have known each other since we were six, a very long time. They always bless us when we get together. They just got back from Australia, and they are seriously considering visiting us in Iloilo next year.

Several friends have expressed a sincere desire to visit us in the Philippines, just like the Capones did in July. I am so blessed that these are even considering coming to our side of the world. My prayer is that they would put feet to this talk and make the huge step of faith, get out of the boat, and see how the Lord can make them walk on water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.