Skip to main content

Happy Birthday to Me

First we had the Danny's Big One, and today we had the big Thirty-seven. Today is my birthday, and I am thirty-seven years old. My wife, Chris, keeps reminding me that the big FOUR-OH is approaching. Actually I still feel pretty young. Having three kids, and the fun they bring, definitely makes me feel younger.

Jason Branch is my oldest friend. Not in the sense that I do not have any friends that are older in age than him, but in the sense that we have known each other so long. There is no one else, besides family, that I have known longer. We met when we were just six years old.

He and his family made their second trip to the other side of the world. Last year they came around this time, working with the Sonshine Center, blessing the street kids, and this year they have returned. This was a great birthday gift, a visit from my oldest friend. They will be here until the 11th of August, working at the Sonshine Center, specifically in the area of the feeding program. I know they will be a blessing, and I know they will be blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.