Skip to main content

My Brother, My Mentor


I believe in having a mentor. I believe in submitting to someone and being accountable to someone. I believe in finding someone who has more life experience and more wisdom, and spending time with that person to learn from and build relationship with. I am privileged to call Chaz Yandall my mentor.

To talk to him, he would not lay claim to that title. He says we just hang out, becoming closer as brothers as we also become closer to Christ. Truly he does bless me as a great friend and brother.

At the same time I learn much from him and his experience. First there is the uniqueness of his family. He and his wife Terrie have twenty six kids. That is not a typo. The full story of their very special family is another blog entry altogether. Also Chaz is a pastor and missionary here in the Philippines with almost twenty years experience on the field. Most of all is the strength and simplicity of this faith. He is truly a Christ follower.

Today I had lunch with my mentor, to glean from his wisdom and seek his input on some of my questions. We went to my favorite Filipino restaurant, eMillion. The food was great, the company was even better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Lives Who Will Change Nations

You may recall we have been directing missionary internships for 15 years. We recently completed the first ever Go To Nations (GTN) Timothy Internship Program in the United States (Jacksonville, FL). Five new missionaries were equipped and empowered, they have been filled up and are ready to be sent out!

Generations

Send More Workers, Lord! Go To Nations has a proven equipping track that has been empowering new missionaries to go to the nations (see what I did there?) since the 1980's. Dave and I have been a part of serving with the Equipping Division for the past 15 years. 

Balaan Bukid, Guimaras

This being Maundy Thursday we decided to join the pilgrims here in Iloilo and visit the Balaan Bukid on the nearby island of Guimaras. The hike details the stations of the cross, with the culmination of large cross on the highest point on the island. Afterwards we swam at the nearby Alubihod Beach. It was a perfect day to hike to the cross and then also to enjoy some sun and surf.