Skip to main content

San Isidro Relocation Village

San Isidro is one of the sites in Iloilo where hundreds of families have been relocated. Most of the families were moved there after Typhoon Frank flooded areas of Iloilo in 2008. Since that time, Go To Nations missionaries have been working in San Isidro to help the families in the community. I have been blessed to join Natalie Mattes every Thursday in the community. We spend much of our time walking around the community meeting people, praying for families and tutoring some of the children. 
 
This past Sunday I was able to join the CHE visitor graduation ceremony and Christmas party. CHE stands for Community Health Evangelism- it is a program designed to educate the community on healthy living and growing spiritually. The great thing about the program is that it is organized and run by the people in the community. 
 

Ma'am Rose is a CHE trainer and pastor of a weekly Bible Study in San Isidro.  She has been faithfully serving in San Isidro since the work started there.

 There is always singing at Christmas parties.

 I tutor this young girl every Thursday. I love visiting with this family.

 
This is the first group of CHE visitors with Ma'am Rose. Hopefully Natalie and Ma'am Rose will train another batch of CHE visitors next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.