Skip to main content

Four Years


This month marks our fourth anniversary of being on the mission field. Four years ago we left our home in America and started this next chapter in our family's life. Four wonderful years, full of ministry at the Sonshine Center, helping the poor and needy, teaching in Bible schools, making undercover trips into unfriendly places working with the Underground Church, seeing many family changes and challenges, watching Tuesday Morning Football, and even adding a family member. Four incredible years! While that may seem like a long time, I feel these four years have flown by. Also we are just getting started. So many of the other missionaries we work with here in Asia have been on the mission field for ten years or more, some almost twenty years. We are still baby missionaries compared to these missionary giants.

Purpose is our passion, not children's ministry, not Bible schools, not even foreign missions--purpose is our passion. Obedience is the one thing. We will stay in the Philippines, we will stay on the mission field until God tells us to do something else. Then we will do that next thing, whatever and wherever it may be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary

Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary Trinity Fitness is in Honduras! Our Honduras mission trip team. Preach the Gospel, Use Soccer if Necessary   St. Franci...

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

After seven nights in NICU, Gabriella is finally with us. Today is the first day of the rest of her life. To all who held us so tightly in prayer during this very difficult time, we want to express our extreme gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, seeking God for health and healing for our newest child. Your prayers are powerful and effective, so don't stop. If you happen to be in the Maryland area, please feel free to contact us if you want to come see the newest missionary in the family.

There are times . . .

when I really miss being in the States. Right now in Maryland the weather is getting very cold, and there might be snow in the forecast. I miss the smells of winter and the cool crisp air. I also miss the first world comforts that I have taken for granted for so many years. In that regard, I miss how most first world countries are usually much cleaner. I also miss living and working in a temperature controlled environment, where I am hardly every sticky with sweat or humidity. Also the Filipino way of doing things is different--not necessarily better or worse, just different. I guess I will go through this all throughout my missionary career. While Iloilo is my home, I still feel like a foreigner. While I love my life here, I am still a citizen of two worlds, calling two VERY different places home.